Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Intro- Why now should we blog?

Hi Guys,

I've found myself googling 'Trump Survival Guide' multiple times since Nov 6th, 2016. None of the results have been satisfactory. So I've decided to go full Lisa Sullivan and be the one I've been waiting for. I am creating a Trump Survival Guide myself.

Join me on an adventure of epic proportions as I navigate the landscape of being a Christian, and a politically active mom and feminist. If you are neither female a feminist or a mom, do not feel left out. You certainly don't have to be like me to join the conversation.

I intend this blog to be a resource first for me, to keep me from hyperventilating and bitching about Trump to the innocent checkout kid at Target. But beyond that, this blog will give you a place to connect with each other through productive conversation which will lead to logical action.

I am about action. I vote so I can have the right to bitch (the right to bitch is the 30th constitutional amendment) and if I'm going to bitch about something I'm going to pick up my phone and call my senator. If you read this blog, I don't care if you agree with me, chances are you'll be offended at some point, that's ok. But do more than tell me, call your representative and voice your opinion to them.

It's my goal to minimally have  bi-weekly posts. One will be something that's been taking up recent mental space. I spend most of my mental energy somewhere in the intersection of faith, politics, & momming. The second will be a current event that you can impact by calling your governor, representatives or the White House. So come join me. Together, let's take deep breathes and survive the Trump administration.

6 comments:

  1. Sarah,

    I am so happy to see you starting this up. I feel like I have so much pent-up anger towards what is happening and no where to turn to let it out. I have called my legislatures and signed petitions, but I just feel like I need a sounding board. Thanks for this. I look forward to the discussions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited! I can't wait to see this blossom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! I'd love to see something about what to tell kids. I know one of yours is older, SG, so that's a different matter. My oldest is 5 -- she can identify pics of DT (and we're not sure how she learned that), and my husband prefers that we do not say his name in front of her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out my new blog post. Your question is spot on what I want to address here

      Delete